Tuesday, February 25, 2020

Grand Canyon Hand Stamped Notecard with Distress Oxides

Hello stamping friends! I had such a busy week last week. There was a lot of running around, and one of my boys was sick for several days.  Luckily it was not the flu, but still not fun.  I spent most of my day yesterday just trying to catch up a little.  But I also made a little time to make a card, and let me tell you, that really did help me relax a little!

I was looking at this very neat Grand Canyon scene stamp and I thought that I could make a really great masculine notecard if I just stamped it over an inky background.



I used beige and brown Distress Oxides in the background, smooshing them up from my craft mat onto watercolor paper. I dried between layers and also added a little orange to suggest the color of the rocks at the Grand Canyon.  (Which I have only ever seen from an airplane! I really would like to see this one day in person.)

When dry, I just stamped over top with a crisp black ink.  I matted this in navy blue.  I think I could send this to any guy for any occasion. I’m so happy to have a card like that in my stash!

Save 10% on your purchase at I Brake for Stamps with my code SAVE10HEIDI.


Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Looks fabulous, great for sure for a guy.x

Mac Mable said...

Wow what a stunning stamped image and a perfect smooshed background for it. Sorry to hear one of your boys was sick x.

Cat Craig said...

Perfect mancard. Love the technique you used to bring color to the image.

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful image Heidi, love the colouring, and yes a super male card.
I hope your son feels better soon, Kate x x

*Vicki* said...

Your background turned out fabulous and just perfect for this large stamped image too! Thinking warm thoughts with this one as I need them right now! :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a great way to use that big stamp. I love the look of your card.

Connie Mercer said...

awesome~love that stamp!!!

April said...

Your card is wonderful. This is a great way to use that stamp. I loved seeing the Grand Canyon. I was on a tour and I wish we could have stayed there longer.

Conniecrafter said...

I love how you did the background for your stamp, it looks amazing!

MiamiKel said...

WOW! This is a vision! I love the monotone look and the earthy colors that resemble the real Arizona! Rabulous card!

Carol L said...

What a great masculine make, and a great idea to stamp over the rustic background! Hopefully your kiddo is getting well again and hopefully you don't get sick too! Take care!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Awesome card, Heidi, great stamp and background. Hope your lil guy is back up to speed. XOX