Monday, February 10, 2020

Mixed Media Corrugated Cardboard Stamped Art

Hello everyone!  One of the other challenges in my online stamping group was do to a technique with corrugated cardboard, acrylic paint and stamping.  You can see the basic technique in this YouTube video.


I decided to throw the kitchen sink at this, and made a piece of Mixed Media home decor.  I know this is not what I usually post, but I just adore this style.  And I get to use a bunch of stuff in my stash!

Here is a photo of this background (and a spare) before I did the stamping on it.  If you try this watch out!  You might just get addicted! (Also, a tip, using a brayer to apply the paint instead of a brush is faster and more even.)



Thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

What a very pretty Vintage style design! Love the texture that the corrugated cardbroad brings to your project! Nicely done!

April said...

So lovely with all the added elements!

Mac Mable said...

Great tip about using a brayer and I so love this mixed media tag , which is full of texture and loving this 'new' style x.
Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such kind comments. I tried to reply to you but you came up as a no reply comment blogger. Thank you so much for pinning my card.....made my day x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful mixed media art. I am not always a fan of that type but in this case I really love it.

Conniecrafter said...

I so love everything you have thrown to this, that butterfly ribbon is so neat and love your script background behind your fantastic cameo, Awesome vintage creation!

aussie aNNie said...

Great tips and absolutely love this and thanks so much for the link.xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Heidi, this piece is absolutely stunning! There are so many beautiful elements to it. I never know how and when to use lace and this really works. The butterfly ribbon is a great touch. Well done!

Carol L said...

I haven't done any corrugated projects in years, but after seeing this, I definitely should give it a go! This is a real work of art, truly stunning with all the distressing and fabulous elements! Well done!

Cat Craig said...

I love this style Heidi and you have put it together nicely. Mine always look like a cat threw its stash of toys at it. lol.

Lisa Babitz said...

That is a VERY cool background! I love the stamping you added to the solid piece of the cardboard; it's perfect behind the other elements you added. So pretty! I'm now off to check out the tutorial video you referenced!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Beautiful, love the texture that the cardboard brings to the project.

Witchcrafted Life said...

Tremendously beautiful! This is such an elegant, captivatingly lovely project.

♥ Autumn

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh I like this very much, Heidi! Such a delicate and well-arranged collage. Why you don't do this more is beyond me! XOX