Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Handmade Teacher Valentine - Gift Card Holder

Hello!  I thought that this little project would be a cute, very easy to make, Valentine for a teacher that holds a little gift card for coffee.  I got this idea from a video on YouTube.

Instructions:
Cut a sheet of cardstock to 8.5 x 3.5 inches.
Score at 2 inches and 6 inches.  
Fold, adding adhesive on the sides where the gift card will be held, and decorate.

I decorated mine with a cute coffee image from Art Impressions Sloth-some set over a die cut heart.  In the video, the gal uses a belly band to close it, which is a great idea, but I decided to just use temporary adhesive to close, since I will be putting this in an envelope.  

I added the matching thank you sentiment inside, as you should never miss an opportunity to thank a teacher for their hard work!



Thanks for visiting!

12 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Love the fold and the image, wonderful card, so thoughtful.

Lisa Babitz said...

So cute and perfect as a teacher gift for Valentine's day!!

Mac Mable said...

So thoughtful, creative and fun and that sloth is adorable x.

April said...

This is adorable! I love the sayings to go with it. Just great!

*Vicki* said...

Oh how cute is this! I love that you've made this into a coffee gift holder as well! How fun and adorable!! :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

What a lovely idea for a teacher. When my kids were little, I was into tole painting and scrapbooking, so I didn't do the cool things they do nowadays.

I love how the blue cup coordinates nicely with the butterflies.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute and I know the teacher would love it.

Darnell said...

Adorable, Heidi, and I love the punny sediment! Such a nice thing to do for under-appreciated teachers! Hugs, Darnell

Conniecrafter said...

That is just too cute and I like that design for a gift card holder, I am sure it will be much appreciated :)

Carol L said...

Now this is a great way to make a teacher's day fabulous! Cute and so thoughtful too!

Renee Matarese said...

This is such a cute gift! Love it!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Very clever and well made. Good for you for getting a start on the May stuff. XOX