Monday, February 17, 2020

Floral Card with Perfect Pearls and Brusho Powders

Hello!  I have a very pretty card to share today, and I used an older medium, Perfect Pearls! I am convinced that they are making a comeback, and I think that this detailed stamp set is the perfect style for them.

I stamped my flower on the background with Versamark ink and then used Gold Perfect Pearls.  After brushing off the excess, I spritzed the card with water to set the medium.  



For the focal point, I heat embossed the same flowers with gold embossing powder on watercolor cardstock. I wet the cardstock and then sprinkled Cobalt Brusho Powders over top.  I let this dry naturally so I would get variations in the colors.  

I left a spot in the upper left of the focal area for my sentiment. I wasn’t sure if I would use this for a birthday card or maybe even a Sympathy card, if a need arises.  I also did a bunch of Perfect Pearl backgrounds with the different flowers from this sheet so I have more cards to create in the future.



Supplies:

I Brake for Stamps Floral Half Sheet, Versamark Ink, Perfect Pearls Gold, Brusho Colbalt, Detail Embossing Powder Gold, Stardream Antique Gold cardstock, Spellbinders Fancy Rectangle Dies
(Save 10% on your order at I Brake for Stamps with my code SAVE10HEIDI)

I would love to enter Mod Squad’s Mica Powders challenge, SimonSaysStamp’s Monday Challenge Frame It, and WordArtWednesday’s Anything Goes Challenge.

Thanks for visiting!  What are you working on?

18 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Thud! This card is spectacular!! Reading what went into the making of this, you really went to town. It all came together beautifully, Heidi. The gold looks so pretty. Looking forward to seeing your backgrounds in the future.

Cat Craig said...

Oh Heidi, this is one gorgeous card. Love all the shimmer.

*Vicki* said...

Wowzer Heidi!! Your card is just stunning!! Love the way you've used the PP with the floral images here and if they're not on a come back, I think you're a good convincer of that!! So pretty!! I'm still hoarding the old Pearl Ex powders which are older than these! LOL!! Thanks for sharing!

cuilliesocks said...

A stunning card Heidi, wonderful design and colours, I love Perfect Pearls too, a super medium, Kate x x

Lagene said...

Beautiful, love the flowered background!

Lisa Babitz said...

Beautiful! Love the gold and blue color combo, and the way you combined the perfect pearls with the brushos. Your shimmery floral background looks great too!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very gorgeous and I love the colors.

Bunny said...

Lovely card. The Cobalt Blue and the White Cobalt are my favorite color combo. Love the gold on this card.
[Bunny]

Wendy Bellino said...

Just gorgeous my friend!

Conniecrafter said...

wow that is gorgeous, the blue with that gold is just lovely and I like how you tied it together by using the same flower!

Carol L said...

This turned out to be one stunning card and I love it! Beautifully created background and matching flowers - it's just gorgeous!

Shelly Schmidt said...

How beautiful! I love the stunning look of the PP on your background, and what a beautiful look on the flowers in the foreground too. Stunning!

Marina said...

The gold looks beautiful on the blue - yes I love Perfect Pearls and the even older product that I still have - Pearl Ex.

Connie Mercer said...

You got that right~it is very pretty! awesome work:)

aussie aNNie said...

So pretty and love the stamping and embossing of the flowers...touch of class I say.x

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card Heidi! loving the blue and gold colour combo too ;) Viv xx

April said...

What a pretty card design and I love that blue color!

Aimeslee Winans said...

There is that color of blue again! Wonderful! and YES, cannot wait for PP to make a comeback. I have so many pots + 4X that many of Pearl-X. What was I thinking, hahaha. You've done a gorgeous job with them. Versatile card for sure, xoxo