Saturday, February 8, 2020

Feliz Cumpleanos Card - Perfect Pearls - Faux Metal Technique

Hello again!  I have been noticing that Perfect Pearls seem to be making a comeback.  I think it might be because Ranger released some new colors this year at Creativation.  So it was timely that, in my online stamping group, one of the challenges was to play around with old and new Perfect Pearl techniques.  

I did play a lot, but the technique that I came to love is Jennifer McGuire’s Faux Metal Textured paper (from 4 years ago).  I still remember watching her videos on Perfect Pearls in the Thinking Inking videos, which must be at least 10 years old now. 


I used regular Distress inks in Picked Raspberry and Fossilized Amber and then used my regular Gold Perfect Pearls over top. I do have this new Embossing folder from Crafter’s Companion I have been itching to use and it really just turned out beautifully.  

The stamps are all from Hero Arts April 2018 kit, colored with pencils, which is one of the ones still available.  I was so pleased how this worked out and I truly wonder why I didn’t try this technique sooner!  It is a stunner.


I would love to enter A Blog Named Hero’s Anything Goes challenge and Cute Card Thursday’s Anything Goes Challenge.

Thank you so much for visiting today!  Have a wonderful weekend and hope to see you again soon!

14 comments:

Bunny said...

The colors are fantastic on this cute card. Love that embossing, too. [Bunny]

Cat Craig said...

Stunning effect, Heidi. Beautiful card.

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous cute characters Heidi, it's a beautiful card with gorgeous bright colours, Kate x x

Crafting Andy said...

Love how you did that. It really does stand out. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very cute and it looks like a fiesta celebration too! I can see this as a good design for Cinco de Mayo.

Mac Mable said...

Wow it sure is a stunner of a card and an eye catching and fabulous technique ....Thank you for the reminder of this fun and fabulous technique x.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your background technique turned out beautifully and the stamps you used, and how you coloured the images, are a perfect pairing. I really like this card!

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Beautiful colours and super design Heidi

June

Conniecrafter said...

You did a fabulous job with this technique and so perfect with your stamps!

aussie aNNie said...

Just love this Heidi, what a fabulous designed card, the stamp, colouring and embossing...love love love.xx

Lisa Babitz said...

The metallic look you achieved with the perfect pearls on your embossed panel is AMAZING! I never think to use my perfect pearls, but you've inspired me to pull them out!! Cute stamped images and beautifully colored, too!

*Vicki* said...

This turned out fabulous Heidi!! I remember that video as well and I ended up using Pearl Ex which I think is even older than that video is! LOL!! Your card with that embossed background turned out amazing! I love it along with those cute mice!!

Carol L said...

WOWSAH! What a fantastic background you've made for this festive little card! I absolutely LOVE how you put this together!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Adorable, elegant and ingenious all at the same time! LOVE IT!!! Cinco de Mouse-o!! Heeheehee