Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Two for One - Handmade Valentine Cards

Hello! I would love to share two Valentine Cards I made using stamps that are not created for Valentines. 


First, I stamped the background in light pink.  I die cut out a heart in the center, and saved the heart for my second card.  I stamped, simply colored and fussy cut the snowdrops.  Here, I glued the base of the flowers down, but used dimensional foam tape to pop up the blooms over an embossed white background.  The entire panel was placed a light green card base, and I added a die cut sentiment.  


I could not just throw out the pretty heart, so I stamped the word LOVE on it, put three gems under and popped this up on an embossed background.  I think the simple detail of matting in black, and adding some sparkly silver ribbon, really makes this card pop.

Supplies: I Brake for Stamps  Huge Floral Background, snowdrop from Bubble Wrap, Lattice and Flower Sheet,  Love sentiment from Wedding Sheet. Gina K Innocent Pink ink, Darice and Cuttlebug embossing folders, generic Heart Dies, Close to My Heart gems and thread.
Save 10% on your entire order at I Brake for Stamps using my code SAVE10HEIDI.




I have already sent these cards out as Valentines, but I think they could also make a nice wedding card, or birthday card, if you just changed the color of the background stamp to suit your needs.

I hope that YOU have a wonderful Valentine’s Day!  Thanks for visiting as I love to share my love of stamping with you!

14 comments:

Bunny said...

These are beautiful. I love the embossing. I think you're right that they could be used for a wedding or an anniversary even. Lovely. [Bunny]

Lin said...

These are so springy, Heidi - the little snowdrops made me smile!

Carol L said...

These are just beautiful for Valentine's and I'm glad you were able to use the die-cut heart to create a 2nd card! Beautiful embossing, layering and designs on both! Happy Valentine's day to you as well!

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty first card, with great stamping and the fussy cut snowdrops are so cute x. Always good to get two cards and your second one is classy and elegant and the texture looks fabulous x. Both cards are beautiful and loving both of the designs too x.

MiamiKel said...

Oh these are so lovely! What a perfect duo of LOVE inspired CARDS - so elegant and soft! I love that you didn't throw away the heart and thought of a way to reclaim it - it makes a great focal point!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Splendidly pretty cards! I swooned especially hard over the snowdrop one. Despite being a very common harbinger of spring, snowdrops are rarer than hen's teeth where I live, so I generally experience them vicariously through art and other people's photos of this classic bloom.

♥ Autumn

Verna Angerhofer said...

Two beautiful cards. I love the snowdrops.

aussie aNNie said...

Love your style, two fab cards.. the gift card holder below is equally as cute.x

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I do love the pink and black, your flowers and sentiment fit perfectly inside that heart and like how you embossed the backgrounds on both!

Darnell said...

These are really pretty Twofers, Heidi! They are both so feminine and pretty and I love the sweet snowdrops!! Hugs, Darnell

*Vicki* said...

The patterns on both of these cards are just so elegant and pretty! I love that they're versatile and not having to be used for Valentine's Day!! Nicely done!

Lisa Babitz said...

These are both beautiful! Love the patterned paper you created with that gorgeous background stamp and how you used it on both cards. Your first card looks so spring-y with the pink and green but is still Valentine's Day appropriate with the heart negative. And your heart really stands out against the black and white on your second card- gorgeous! Perfect gem and cord embellishments, too. Love them both!!

Karen Letchworth said...

Such soft, sweet cards. You are so super talented and creative.
Blessings,
Karen

Aimeslee Winans said...

We must think a lot alike. Of course you had to use that heart! Love the flawless stamping of that pink background and the black on the 2nd card does make it pop! XOX