Monday, June 8, 2020

Bird House - Housewarming Card

My friend is moving to a new apartment soon and I wanted to make her a card for her housewarming gift.  I decided to work with this bird set, which includes this cute “Home Tweet Home” sentiment.

I simply stamped, colored and cut out the bird house and the little bird.  I popped the bird up over top, and they layered it over some scraps of pretty patterned paper I had.  I cut a die cut banner for the sentiment and added some cute enamel dots to the card.  



Here is a link to the stamp set I used - Bird Nests Sheet 141B.  (Save 10% on your order using my code SAVE10HEIDI).  The dies are Avery Elle and Gina Marie, both Wonky Stitched borders.  The pack is an older Recollections one called Backyard Table.  

Thanks for visiting today and keep on stamping!



9 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh la la! I love everything about this card--paper selection, wonky stitched border, colours and stamp. Your flowered paper is so pretty behind the bird house. This would make a nice "congratulations on your new home" card.

crafty-stamper said...

Great new home card love the bird house and wonky stitched die
Carol x

Mac Mable said...

Such an adorable card and a fabulous housewarming card x.

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous card Heidi, such a pretty image and design, Kate x

Bunny said...

This is so cute. I love birds and the sentiment is great. [Bunny]

aussie aNNie said...

So lovely, great colours and design here, so beautiful images. I am still upgrading my new computer and almost there, bit lacking in time for comments.. xx

*Vicki* said...

What a pretty card! I love the floral pattern behind the birdhouse and your banner message over top! She'll love this!

Conniecrafter said...

Your bird house looks great set against the flowery paper, like your pretty banner going over the top, your friend will love it!

Cat Craig said...

What a welcome this card will be to your friend.