Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Distress Oxide Grunge

Hello!  I hope you are well!  I want to thank all of your for your lovely comments on my last posts.  You are all so sweet and encouraging!  

We had the craziest storm today and I feel very lucky that we have power, I know a lot of people do not.  School is winding down for my kids, and I think we will all welcome the break, although I am going to need to be creative to keep the kids occupied.  There will be no camps or jobs this summer to keep them occupied and I don’t want their brains to get fried from screen time.  

Anyhow....



I have a card to share today using the Old and New Stamp Sheet.  I like the sayings in this set, and I also like the grunge font.  (as always save 10% on your order using my  SAVE10HEIDI)

I first masked off an area on my white cardstock and sponged over with Distress Oxide inks.  I stamped my saying, and then I stamped the flower and restamped (without reinking) get a second impression.  I used Distress Oxide black ink for my stamping. I like the chalky look it gives me, but if you want crisper stamping, I would use Versafine.  


I think this is a fun look and saying for a card for a teen.  

Thanks for visiting!

Heidi

10 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and great sentiment at the moment our schools are still closed due to lockdown
Carol x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Fabulous. I like the crisp edges to each layer and of course the beautiful main image. The colours are so soft and pretty. Lovely work Heidi.

aussie aNNie said...

Stunning and crisp looking card Heidi.xx

MiamiKel said...

Gorgeous! This is a stunning color combo with the distressing and such a wonderful sentiment!

cuilliesocks said...

Just so beautiful Heidi, beautifully designed and coloured, lovely sentiment too Kate x x

*Vicki* said...

Your blended background is so pretty Heidi! Lovely design!! Stay well..and sane!! :)

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous blend.

Mac Mable said...

Fabulous blending of those pretty colours and an eye catching card x. Good luck with the kiddos over the Summer break! x.

Conniecrafter said...

pretty shading of the colors, I love your double stamping, I think we could all use that sentiment :)
Good luck finding things to keep the kids occupied.

Marina said...

Beautiful colour blend and just a hint of grunge. No school here in England for my 13 year old - they closed the school on 20th March and , for his age group, no plans to return until Sept at earliest!