Thursday, June 11, 2020

Polar Pals Christmas Cards

I am really far behind in Christmas card goals this year.  Now that it is summer, I think I will have more time to catch up.  I will start catching up with these two cards.




The first background was made with heat embossing on watercolor paper. I then used a square acrylic block to apply distress inks (spritzed with water) to specific areas.  I ended up liking the controlled, but not totally controlled look of this!

The second background was a technique I tried with stencil resist.  It didn’t work, but I liked the background anyhow.

Thanks for visiting!

Christmas Card Goal to Date: 30
Christmas Cards completed to Date: 18

9 comments:

April said...

Thee are so cute! Both of your backgrounds are wonderful, but I really like the first one. Great job!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Fantastic cards and I love the cute bear and bird images. And, my favorite is the first one with that snowy look to it.

Carol L said...

great backgrounds on both cards and the image is adorable too! I wish I could find motivation to start my Christmas cards, but so far nuttin'!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Love those backgrounds, great technique!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful and very sweet cards Heidi, love the image and your colours, Kate x

Conniecrafter said...

Love them both, those two are just too cute together, love the little touches of pink on them and don't you just love if a background didn't turn out the way you were imagining that it should be it still looks good :)

Cat Craig said...

Oh these are soooo darned cute. Make a bunch of them, it'll keep ya smiling.

*Vicki* said...

Your backgrounds turned out fabulous Heidi! I lov the colors you've chosen and what a darling image too!! Have a great weekend!

Marina said...

So sweet and Christmassy.