Saturday, June 6, 2020

Double Background Stamp Background

Hello!  In my stamping group, we were challenged to use the following technique to create a background with two background stamps.  I dug deep into my older stamps to find these two - they have to be at least 5 years old, if not 10.



I first stamped my Hero Arts tweed stamp with Versamark ink.  I then applied chalks all over this. Then, I inked up my Hero Arts Stitched Floral stamp with navy ink and stamped over top.  I thought this looked summery and girly.  

So I decided to simply finish it with a fun brushstroke sentiment from Power Poppy.  

I would love to enter WordArtWednesday - Anything Goes, Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes, SimonSaysStamp’s Monday Challenge - Create Your Own Background and RetroRubber Challenge - Summer.

I hope you are having a nice weekend. It is pretty hot and humid here.

Take care!

Heidi


11 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and love the B.paper
Carol x

Marina said...

Oh I didn't know there was something called 'double background' - but what you've made looks fantastic!

Cat Craig said...

Oh that is a fabulous background you have created with the technique. Love.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful background design and a beautiful card.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Such a lovely card. The colours are pretty and your stamp selection is fabulous

Conniecrafter said...

I just love these spring colors, great combo of stamps!
We are supposed to be HOT and HUMID all weekend! Summer has landed!

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Heidi, beautiful card,lovely stamping and colours, Kate x

Crafting Andy said...

Great card. Love the background. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful designed card most great colours and result. x

Claire Grantham said...

Love all the stamped layering, so clever and you are right it does feel summery and girly. Thanks for joining us at Retro Rubber this time. Claire DT

LeAnne said...

Oh my gosh, your background is AMAZING! I wish SU would bring back chalks, they are so fun to work with! What a happy creation! Thanks for sharing this with us at Retro Rubber!