Thursday, June 18, 2020

Rainbow Card Backgrounds

Hello!  Today I’d like to share a couple cards made with some rainbow backgrounds.  First, I heat embossed my very old Hero Arts stamp on watercolor paper.  I then applied distress inks to just a thin portion of a long acrylic block, and spritzed this with water. I applied this to the paper starting at the top, and changing colors as I went down. I made sure that the ink was watery enough to blend between colors.  



I finished off one card with a simple sentiment from Power Poppy, and the other with some images from a Hero Arts My Monthly Hero Kit.  I think these are super fun, and my teenage son told me that I could give them to girls or boys, so that felt like a really big win!

I’d like to enter A Blog Named Hero’s Old and New challenge, and Word Art Wednesday’s Anything Goes Challenge.

Thanks for visiting!

13 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow I just love the rainbow backgrounds you've made here Heidi!! They make me smile and yes I agree with your son that they can be given to pretty much anyone for a smile! :)

Lisa Babitz said...

Great backgrounds! And your son is definitely right!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Beautiful cards, Heidi. I love the technique you used. It worked so well with the Hero Arts stamps and distress inks.

aussie aNNie said...

Heidi these are just gorgeous, great rainbow backgrounds and awesome results.x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wowza, your backgrounds are so awesome. Love how well the colours blend, and how bright and vibrant they colours are. Bravo!

Cat Craig said...

Love these rainbow cards, so engaging.

Carol L said...

Those backgrounds turned out fabulous! Each has a distinct look, but I love the bright colors on the 2nd!

Conniecrafter said...

Love how your blending turned out on all these, Terrific!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

How cool is that! Looks wonderful.

cuilliesocks said...

Super colourful cards Heidi, great fun images too, Kate x

Marina said...

These turned out beautifully!

Mac Mable said...

Such a striking technique and yes I agree they could be for male or females. Fabulous and colourful cards x.

Viv said...

Two super cards here Heidi, sorry for the lack of commenting recently too hugs Viv xx