Wednesday, January 22, 2020

1920’s Fashion Valentine

Hello!  I am continuing to work on Valentines! One of the nicest things about making your own cards is that you can personalize each one.  This one is made with a teenage girl in mind — one who doesn’t care for hearts. 



Supplies: I Brake for Stamps 1920’s Fashion Ladies stamp set, Old and New stamp set, Versafine and Memento black inks, Gina Marie Loopy Rectangle dies, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers
Save 10% on your order at the I Brake for Stamps store using my code SAVE10HEIDI.

My background is the salted watercolor technique.  To get this texture, lay down a wash of watercolor paint on watercolor paper and, while it is still wet, throw some salt down on it.  After it dries, rub off the salt and it is ready to go. 

I added a few die cut butterflies as my embellishment.  I also added some glitter pen to the dress details and the little butterflies, but it didn’t show up in the photo.  I am happy with how this card turned out!

I’d love to enter Word Art Wednesday’s Anything Goes challenge.

Do you personalize your cards for each recipient?  Let me know in the comments.

Thanks for visiting today!

15 comments:

Carol L said...

That salt technique makes for a beautiful background! Love the colors, pretty die cut and tiny butterflies instead of hearts! I usually don't personalize, but occasionally I will with birthday cards.

Cat Craig said...

Love that technique for your vintage lady's background.

April said...

Such a pretty card. I love the salt background and the green against the pink is perfect.

Viv said...

What a pretty card here Heidi!great salt technique too, it's a while since I did that...,must try it again ;) Viv xx

*Vicki* said...

That is a really fun background to create! Your Vintage lady is so stylish and perfect for a teenage girl!! Very pretty card!

Mac Mable said...

Such a feminine and pretty card with a great salted background technique. Elegant lady and love the oversized sentiment. I sure do personalize my cards Heidi and that's what gives me my inspiration as I think of the recipient as I am designing it x.

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Heidi, lovely image and colours, Kate x x

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and the colours sure look lovely together, personal stamping is great I agree.x

Lisa Babitz said...

Beautiful card! I've not tried the salt technique, but I really like the end result. Another one to add to my list of things to try! And yes, I do try to personalize cards although I also make a lot of cards just to try a technique, to use a stamp that catches my eye, etc. so those cards could end up being more generic.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very lovely. It must have been hard to make a Valentine's Day card without a heart. I love your lady.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, your salt background looks great, I will have to make some for my stash, love the way the salt draws the colour in, I try to personalise my cards and have offered to do the same for friends if asked to make a special card for a special occasion. Have a wonderful week.. Megan

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful vintage design and I love the colors.

Aimeslee Winans said...

What a sweet card, Heidi. Love that background and the die you cut it with is perfect! xoxo

Aimeslee Winans said...

Oh, to answer your question, yes I do most of the time but am trying to get away from that because it stops me from making ahead. I know it doesn't have to but it does. Trying to just be personalized for a few. Trying. haha xoxo

Conniecrafter said...

That is just gorgeous, I love the addition of the butterflies fluttering away too, such a neat touch and great image, love the colors you chose!