Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Who Loves You? - Owl Valentine

Hello all! I wanted to sneak in a post today to enter some challenges.  I had half of an idea on how to use this owl (which is actually from a Halloween set) with some other products in my stash to make a Valentine.  The rest of the idea came to me this morning.  



I die cut a heart in my pink cardstock and then embossed it with a woodgrain folder. I used a tan inkpad direct-to-paper to bring out the embossing.  I used some foiled pattered paper behind this, and then nestled my owl right in there.  


The inside of the card has a sentiment that I stamped out with an alphabet set.  

I think I know just the little girl to send this to.  

I’d love to enter Art Impressions Shades of Pink Challenge, ModSquad Challenge Animal Stamps, and SimonSaysStamp’s Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes

Supplies:  Art Impressions SC0735 Fright Night stamp and die set, Hero Arts Log Letters and Numbers alphabet stamp set,  Sizzix Thinlets Sentiment words dies, Firefly Hearts die set, Darice Woodgrain Embossing folder, Hero Arts Soft Sand ink, Gina K Dark Chocolate ink

11 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

Love the little owl inside the heart ~ so cute!!!!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So cute is that owl inside the heart. I love the wood background too.

Conniecrafter said...

this is just too cute, how wonderful how you have been using stamps from other themes for your valentines :) Like how you have tucked him into the heart opening of the tree :)

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

hee hee, such a cute card. As you may know, I'm crazy for owls. Great job on highlighting your embossing. The hole in the tree is perfect--the heart is a great idea. Putting in DP behind the owl adds a nice touch and so do the enamel dots. I'm really wowed that your sentiment was stamped out with an alphabet set. I am intimidated to do that. Perhaps you can show a mini tutorial on how you line up your stamps so well.

Cat Craig said...

Darling lil card.

April said...

Oh this owl is so cute! I love how you made it into a Valentine! The wood embossed panel makes him look like he is looking out of a tree from a heart hole in the tree.

*Vicki* said...

Too cute with that little owl!! I love the metallic paper behind him and how he's peeking through the heart! Great woodgrain texture non the background too! HUGS

cuilliesocks said...

Cute little owl and a lovely card Heidi, Kate x

Carol L said...

I love how you turned this cute Halloween owl into a super fun valentine with the love sentiments behind him! It's so cute how he's encased into the earthy heart too - a really sweet and cute Valentine!

Mac Mable said...

Your halloween owl looks adorable as a valentines card. The embossing folder and the pink looks great and your card is fabulous x.

Lisa Babitz said...

Cute! Love your pink wood grained panel highlighted with the tan ink. So soft and perfect for a little girl (and an owl themed card!). The inside done with individual letter stamps came out great!