Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Valentine’s Hugs and Kisses Card

Hello!  I have a very traditional looking Valentine to share today.  I thought that the grungy look of the sentiments in I Brake for Stamps Old and New stamp sheet would look good with the Chalkboard technique.  That was my starting point for this card.


I heat embossed the sentiment, then smudged white ink around the edge of the panel.  After framing this out with another red die cut, I used some neat foiled patterned paper for the background.  My embellishment, the stamped lips,  is also from the stamp set!  I thought this turned out nicely, and definitely, the photos don’t do this one justice.


Supplies: I Brake for Stamps Old and New stamp sheet, Recollections White Detail Embossing powder, Spellbinders Fancy Edge Rectangles dies, Hero Arts Red Royal dye ink, Versamark embossing ink, Avery Elle white pigment ink.
Save 10% on this stamp set, or anything you order at the I Brake for Stamps store using my code SAVE10HEIDI.

Thanks for visiting today!



14 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a striking layout and loving the grunge sentiment taking centre stage on your fabulous card x.

Cat Craig said...

You're right the font is perfect for the chalkboard treatment. Great card, Heidi.

cuilliesocks said...

Super card Heidi, love the chalkboard focus and the whole design and colours are brilliant, Kate x

Carol L said...

I've always been a fan of the chalkboard technique, and this looks wonderful with all the hearts and puckered lips :)

Verna Angerhofer said...

Looks great and I like the contrast of the red and white with the black.

Lisa Babitz said...

That was a great idea to make the greeting look like it is on a chalkboard. And I really like how you mixed the grungy greeting with the shiny foiled background.

aussie aNNie said...

wow Heidi, love this it's brilliant. The colours are perfect for this stamp and your whole design is WOW.XX

Karen Dunbrook said...

I like it pretty card
X Karen

*Vicki* said...

What a very striking design! Love the heart background and your fun chalkboard sentiment!! So cute!

Wendy Bellino said...

The background is "love-ly"! What a great Valentine's Day card Heidi!

Conniecrafter said...

the chalkboard look works great with this stamp and I love your foil paper and the lips are a fun addition to it!

Poppyfield Card Crafts said...

Super design Heidi and technique

June

Theresa's Studio said...

Another great design and a lovely Valentine!

MiamiKel said...

Love this! So classic and elegant at the same time - the chalkboard technique is one of my favorites and yours has such a wonderful message and vibe! Love it!