Friday, July 7, 2017

Christmas in July 2017 - One

My mom was really surprised to hear I was working on Christmas cards. I told her that if you wait till November and do them all at once, it is a chore.  If you do them a bit at a time (I do make them all year long) they are fun!  The traditional "Christmas in July" gives me a bit of a push to get a bunch done.

This is a new stamp I recently acquired. I simply colored it with pencils and die cut it with a cross stitch die.  Super cute, I do love the crafty looking stamps!


Believe it or not, the kraft card base with the patterned paper already on it has been sitting in my "half done" pile for nearly 2 years.  I can't even remember what I originally was going to use it for!


These embellishments are actually soft to the touch so I think they will mail well. I stocked up on Christmas embellishments at Michaels after the holiday.

Supplies: Deep Red Stamps Snowman with Birds, Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Sentiments 3, Versafine Onyx Black ink, Prismacolor pencils, Gina Marie X Stitched circles, patterned paper was My Mind's Eye unknown pad, Recollections stickers

I would love to play along in the Happy Little Stampers Christmas in July challenge.

Thanks for stopping by!

13 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Great idea to do the cards all year and also great to pick up bargains in the new year. Fun card, love that cute snowman and the patterned paper, although quite old, just perfect, proving it is always good to hold onto your stash x

Carol L said...

Way to use that "pre-fab" card base to make another great Christmas creation! I love that whimsical little snowman and his sparkly flowers too! I enjoy making Christmas cards all year too - it's a great stress reliever at year's end!

CherylQuilts said...

Heidi, this is adorable, and I LOVE snowmen! What a cute one, and I do love the country feel! And I thought I was the only one who had a "half done" pile! LOL! It's a wonderful idea to start on your Christmas cards in July. I love the Christmas in July theme! Beautifully done! Hugs! xoxo

Cat Craig said...

Oh this is just darling Heidi! I love that cute snowman.

Marina said...

Yes, us cardmakers must seem odd to others - I find myself singing Christmas carols in the middle of summer! I think it's great you used up that base at last - it looks perfect with the cute, folksy snowman.

Conniecrafter said...

Love the sweet snowman and I love the sparkle in the flowers!

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, I think you used your card base perfectly, love it when something from the half done pile can finally be used... I have several in my box. Love the snow man and the glittery flowers... have a wonderful week... Megan

Sharon Fontenot said...

Love the snowman and the polka dots. The stickers are great there.

Beth Norman said...

There's no better feeling, in the stamping world. than finding a half done project to use on something new. It takes away the stress and worry of "did I do it right." A lovely Christmas card. I need to start working on some more like you are doing. Last year I was stressed making them in the last week of November.

Camille Short said...

Great card with great papers.

*Vicki* said...

Oh that snowman is sooo sweet!! I absolutely love your wonderful card here and especially with those glittery poinsettia flowers to set it off so nicely!! HUGS :)

Nonni said...

What a cute snowman image and I love the sparkly flowers. Your card has a wonderful clean look, very well made! Thanks for joining HLS July Christmas Challenge!

Linda said...

What a cute little snowman. Thank you for playing along with the HLS Christmas challenge xx