Monday, July 10, 2017

Christmas in July - Two (Candy Canes)

Here is my second card for my Christmas in July series. I don't have a specific goal of how many I want to get done this month, just want to get lots done!


I had this candy cane digi stamped leftover from last Christmas so I colored it up with pencils.  I was inspired by a decorated cookie tin project from Allison Cope and changed it to be a card design.



Supplies: Power Poppy Candy Cane digistamp, Hero Arts Joyful Christmas Season stamps, Versafine Ink, Prismacolor pencils, Heidi Swapp Marquee Love paper pad, EK Success tag punch, Spellbinders circle and scalloped circle dies, Gina K cardstocks

I would love to participate in the following challenges:
Power Poppy On the Case
Happy Little Stampers Christmas in July

Thank you so much for stopping by today!

14 comments:

Carol L said...

This one is fun with those colorful candy canes! I love the simple design and great papers too! Congrats on getting your Christmas card stash started early!

Cat Craig said...

This is so bright and cheery and will make a super fun holiday card.

Mac Mable said...

So pretty and full of colour. Well done on the Christmas cards x

Conniecrafter said...

this is so cute and fun, I never have used the one I got yet, must use it this year :)

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, another superb Christmas card for your stash, I need to get a move on with mine too. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Beth Norman said...

Lovely colouring. I like how your bg matches your image. I just finished ten watercoloured Christmas cards for the Techique Junkies design team. Thought that would be a nice idea as we are a great group who support each other.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, what a beautiful card, and your pencil coloring is amazing! The colors really pop, and what a great Bloomie to CASE in Allison Cope's cookie tin project! Fabulous job with great DP and design! I love it all! Hugs, sweet friend! xoxo

Camille Short said...

So cute and great colors!

Karen Dunbrook said...

such a jolly, happy, bright and fun card...
happy stamping and tfs,
Karen

Stacy Morgan said...

Festive, fun and wonderful Christmas card! I like the fresh feel of the colors. Thanks for playing in our Power Poppy July challenge!

*Vicki* said...

What a stunning image and you've got it colored up so beautifully here Heidi!! Love the happy and festive design for sure!! I have been wanting to work on some Christmas since the beginning of this month...we'll see how THAT works out!! LOL!! TFS! HUGS

Michelle said...

Oh my! This is adorable! Love those yummy candycanes and layout! Thanks for joining HLS Christmas Challenge!

Sharon Fontenot said...

Those candy canes look real...great coloring.

Inkyfingers said...

What a fun, bright and festive Christmas card and the little tag is a perfect finishing touch.
Thanks for sharing with us at Happy Little Stampers and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x