Saturday, July 1, 2017

Wedding Card Challenge

The challenge theme for the Just for Fun Rubber Stamps June challenge is... 


What a perfect time to stock up on these special cards.  I made two with heat embossing over some Distress Oxide backgrounds I had made.  The first card was just pink and orange Distress Oxide layered in the background and then I used ivory cardstock and pearls for the accents.  

(Click on photo to enlarge.)

The second background was made with pink and orange Distress Oxides and then added Pickled Raspberry Distress ink because I really wanted something brighter. (I am really hoping that Ranger is going to add this color when they expand the line later this summer.  I have a whole wish list including black and blueprint sketch.). I used white for this card base and an older vellum butterfly for my embellishment.


There is a random prize draw for JFF's monthly challenge (and you should know that while you are encouraged to use JFF stamps if you have them, it is certainly not a requirement) so I do hope you will play along!

Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber stamps Flora and Fauna sheet, Sentiment sheet 1, Versamark ink, Recollections White detail embossing powder, Distress Oxide inks Orange Marmalade, Worn Lipstick, Distress Ink Pickled Raspberry, Gina Marie Loopy Rectangle die set, Avery Elle Wonky Stitched rectangle dies (banner)

Thanks for stopping by!

10 comments:

April said...

Heidi, these are beautiful! I love the backgrounds and the heat embossed heart.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Lovely!!

Carol L said...

These are fantastic cards with amazing, gorgeous backgrounds! I love the colors and especially the delicate hearts that are showcased beautifully this way! NJ!

Mac Mable said...

Glorious backgrounds and the prettiest of cards.Love that intricate heart too x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, these are both gorgeous, and I love the white embossed heart! Stunning cards with beautiful frames! And, yes, Picked Raspberry is in the newest set of 12. Yay! Hugs, sweet friend, and have a wonderful Fourth of July weekend!

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I love the delicate heart stamp over the pretty backgrounds, allows us to still see your lovely backgrounds through the stamp, pretty embellishing on both cards!

Beth Norman said...

Gosh, these are beautiful. Your backgrounds are so lovely. I'm in need of some wedding cards and you are truly an inspiration.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful backgrounds for your lovely cards.

Bonnie said...

Both of these are gorgeous, Heidi! Love that embossed heart on the DOX backgrounds!

Karen Dunbrook said...

so pretty Heidi...elegant and lovely.
xx Karen