Friday, July 21, 2017

Christmas in July - Part Five - Peace on Earth

Hello!  A quick share with a couple more Christmas cards for the stash.   My card box is definitely fuller!


I made two cards using the same stamp and layout.  I am always trying to use up patterned paper, so I used some non-traditional paper here, adding sponging with distress inks, stickles and sparkley embellishments.


The grey background was made with an embossing folder and grey pigment ink with the letterpress technique.


Supplies: Stampendous Classic Peace stamp, Versafine Onyx black ink, Stickles, Distress Ink Peacock Feathers and Tumbled Glass, My Mind's Eye All is Bright 6x6 paper pad, Creatology Foam snowflakes, Martha Stewart snowflake embossing folder, Cuttlebug embossing folder.

I would love to enter SimonSaysStamp Wednesday challenge We're Seeing Stars !

Thanks for stopping by!  

11 comments:

Carol L said...

I was surprised when I read the background was grey, because it looked white, but they're both lovely cards! The image/sentiment panel is so pretty and I love the snowflakes!

Beth Norman said...

Totally gorgeous. I love your papers and the image. Such an elegant looking card. These should be your cards for the year.

Marina said...

Really pretty soft colours and lovely cards.

Conniecrafter said...

They are just gorgeous, love the colors and the embossed backgrounds are just perfect with them also!!

Mac Mable said...

So delicate and so very pretty. Love the muted colours and the texture x

*Vicki* said...

So gorgeous Heidi!! I love all of the beautiful texture and your elegant design makes for a lovely Christmas card!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS

Sharon Fontenot said...

Beautiful . . . You're getting a great start on those Christmas cards.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, two great cards for your Christmas card stash, love the soft non traditional colours and the stunning texture on the background... have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Marvelous design, there is so much interest with all the details.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous that you have a great head start. Love the colors on this so crips and I can almost feel the snow.

Jo Nevill said...

So beautiful and elegant
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x