Thursday, July 6, 2017

Thank your lucky stars!

Hello!  It is a super dreary day here, but that gives me a good excuse to stay inside and make some cards.  I used a fun sketch for this one.


The stars were cut from some panels I made a while back with dendritic painting.  They weren't large enough for a full card panel so I was glad to use them here.  I used iridescent pearl paint, which I think you can see better in the second photo.  I had a scrap of patterned paper that had all the colors in it and finished it off with a fun sentiment.  Some stars were part of the sentiment stamp and the others I used versamark ink.


Supplies: Hero Arts CL582 stamp set, Darice star dies, My Mind's Eye Hootenanny patterned paper, Versafine Lagoon ink, Versamark Ink, score board, Golden Iridescent Pearl acrylic paint

I would love to play along with:
Tuesday Morning Sketches #410 (something extra this month, check it out)
Splitcoast Stampers  You're a Star


10 comments:

Carol L said...

I'm so glad you found time on a dreary day to stay in and stamp and join the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge! I'm loving the pretty colors and all the stars, especially those little versamark ones! Good luck!!

*Vicki* said...

What a delightful card here Heidi!! I just love those fun and colorful stars!! The texture on them is fabulous!! You've done a stunning job with that sketch too!! :) Thanks for sharing! HUGS

*Vicki* said...

P.S. I would love to see you make a suspension card!! :)

Beth Norman said...

Great way to use up your scraps. Love the shabby chic look of the stars.

Cat Craig said...

Darling card, love the colors.

Debbie said...

Beautiful card!! I love your stars!!
Thanks for playing along at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!
Debbie
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

Beautiful card! The colors are fabulous - so bright and cheery. Great starry sentiment. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness Heidi that is just too cute, love the colors and the great sentiment to go with the stars, I don't think I have heard of dendritic painting, but it looks terrific!

Marina said...

This design works beautifully.

Wanda said...

This card is fabulous! I love the colors of those stars, great way to used up those pieces. The whole design is perfect with our sketch. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.