Sunday, July 30, 2017

Oops! Belated Birthday Balloons

I always hate to say it, as a cardmaker, that I miss too many birthdays.  That is why I like to have a couple belated cards ready.


The background was made with the Cuttlebug Wax Paper technique and Peacock Feathers distress ink.  Then I stamped the balloons and colored them with markers and stamped the Oops stamp with the distress ink.  I used grey for my neutral contrast because I wanted this to be a little cleaner of a look.

Supplies: Gina K Designs Happy Birthday To You stamp set, Memento and Versafine black inks, Distress Ink Peacock Feathers, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Grey Kraft Recollections cardstock.

I would love to play along with the CASology 5-Year Celebration Balloon challenge and StampTV's Inspired by a Video challenge.


10 comments:

Cat Craig said...

wonderful coloring Heidi. It's a good idea to have those on hand for sure.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a super card, love the technique you used it looks stunning! Another one to add to my list... Have a wonderful week... Megan

Hannelie said...

Heidi this is such a fun card... and perfect for our cue!
Thanks for hopping along and adding this beautiful card to the CASology gallery!

scrappymo! said...

Followed your hyperlink and watched the video. What a fab technique!
Your aqua background is lovely and looks great on your card.

I too forget birthdays, and agree it is good to have some belated birthday cards on hand.

Carol L said...

TFS the tutorial link - I've never heard of this technique but I love how it looks! This color is just dreamy, and it makes for one super fun belated birthday card too!

Beth Norman said...

What a great job on this technique. It's one of my favs. And of course I just love the colours you used!

Conniecrafter said...

I love the background, so perfect with the balloons, I just had to make a belated card.

Deidre said...

I totally ditto your issue of missing birthdays. But the cardmaker in me accepts it and keeps belated bday cards too. This is such a great technique and card! Thanks for sharing with CASology.

*Vicki* said...

I am ALWAYS missing birthdays too!! LOL!! You wouldn't think use card makers would be capable of that, but it does happen!! I love the balloons and fun little details with your sentiment! :) HUGS

wannabcre8tive said...

Your cards are cute. I really like the pretty blue color on the first one. I have lots of ooops. It is so hard keeping up with birthdays.