Wednesday, July 5, 2017

Beachy Collage - Masking Background stamps

Hello! I hope my US stamping friends had a lovely 4th of July!  It is certainly up there with Christmas for my favorite holiday!  I have a beachy card to share with you today.


I made a mask with a sheet of copy paper and tore a random looking shape to create the "net" in my collage.


I stamped and fussy cut the shell and colored it with irridescent chalks.  They are an oldie but a goodie for coloring - they blend really easily and I thought it added to the beachy look.  I stamped more images on the background, added a sentiment, and finally added some Nuvo Pearl drops.


Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Beach Unmounted Sheet, Voice of the Sea sentiment, Tattered Screen background stamp, Hero Arts Soft Sand Ink, Versafine Vintage Sepia and Toffee inks, Pebbles Irridescent Chalks, Nuvo Drops in Pearl


Thanks so much for stopping by today!  I appreciate it very much!

8 comments:

Wendy Bellino said...

Heidi I love your card. The beachy colors are calling to me...I miss the beach! Your masking technique is such a great technique, before all the current gadgets that's what we did! Thanks for sharing all of the details with us! Wendy

*Vicki* said...

Such a fun Summertime design with these images Heidi!! I love the blue color and great job with the masking too! Glad to hear you had a wonderful 4th my friend :) HUGS

Cat Craig said...

Great summer card Heidi, and that net piece is perfect. Such a smart Idea.

Mac Mable said...

Love the blue card on the background and the pretty layout x

Carol L said...

This is gorgeous, and I just love that subtle net you created in the background! You are always so good with new techniques and I learn a lot from you, so thanks :)

Linda Langes said...

What a beautiful sentiment and so true if you ask me - lovely work Heidi.

Beth Norman said...

Gorgeous. The seashell and mermaids are really big right now. You did a terrific job.

Conniecrafter said...

great beachy card, love the nuvo drops they are perfect!